Chicken Sausage Stuffed Cabbage
- 1 lb chicken (or turkey) sausage
- 1/2 small onion - diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 cup 'day old bread' cut in large cubes
- 2 - 32oz containers of HEB Organics Chicken Stock
- Rub On Garlic Herb Salt
- Cabbage, red or green
- Preheat oven to 350°f
- Saute onion and celery in olive oil just until soft, then set aside.
- Next crumble and brown the chicken sausage in a skillet.
- While that is cooking, heat the chicken stock in a large stock pot on high.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bread cubes and 1/2 cup of the chicken stock, let it soak for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to the bead cubes and season with Rub On Garlic Herb Salt to taste.
- Prepare a bowl with ice and water for the cabbage.
- Pick whole cabbage leaves for rolls, and place them in stock pot with the chicken stock for about 5 minutes then place them in the ice bath.
- Place a scoop of ground chicken mix in middle of cabbage, fold sides in, roll over, put in casserole dish.
- Use hot chicken stock and fill dish halfway, cover with foil, bake on 350°f for about 20 mins